Memory Verse: Romans 10:9 (NIV)
Main Idea: Jesus gives encouragement!
This month's theme is RISE UP, beginning with Easter and wrapping up with the Ascension!
This week we're reading about the miraculous catch of fish and Jesus forgiving Peter (John 21:1-17). Our Big Idea this week is Jesus gives us encouragement.
Here are some questions for your family to talk about in relation to what they're learning at church:
- What did Peter do that made him discouraged?
- How many fish did the disciples catch before Jesus showed up? What about after?
- What did Jesus ask Peter when he made it back to shore and talked with him?
- Read Psalm 4:1 again. What can you do to find mercy and encouragement from God?
- What can you do to encourage someone who is feeling down?
- Can forgiving someone be a type of encouragement? How?
Looking forward to seeing you and your family at church this weekend! <3